Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Book One

I would like you to meet Aurora! This is the introduction or possible query letter for book one:

I am a preternatural being, I am outside of nature, so far from light and life, that I will be hunted            and haunted for all eternity. Yet I came into this world as any human being is born.

The year was 1797; it was a cold winter night as rain pelted against the windows of Amelia Vasser’s bedroom window. Sweat coated her human body, leaving her cold and shivering. Her screams echoed through the small chateau in France. With a final push, I was born, pale and small. My eyes opened to reveal a remarkable emerald green. Only moments old, I smiled at my mother to expose a mouthful of sparkling white teeth, fangs hung over my little red lips begging for blood. Amelia only had a few seconds to cuddle me to her chest before my Father took me away and the next baby came and then another.
I had officially been born into the Carpathian race, to the Vasser coven under the time of the Phoenix. This was a time when vampires began to mutate into something more, something so limitless that no one dared acknowledge that we existed. We were not the only breed of vampires, the Balkans were very present at this time. Born on opposite sides of the mountain, we were enemies from the start. The Carpathians revered natural life, choosing to feed from animals and live in peace with the human race.  However, the Balkans were believed to be the dominate species and saw humans as nothing more than food. For as long as legend goes back the two vampire colonies have been at war. The Balkans, the stronger breed for drinking human blood had created a shield within them. It allowed them to feed less and a film of poison to protect them from attack. For centuries they dominated, killing the Carpathians in mass, annihilating entire covens without thought.

That is until I was born, I am Aurora Vasser the immortal, mortal child. Along with my siblings a new age would come, one where the Carpathians were destined to rule… 

Please feel free to comment! I know it needs a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment